- High school dropouts are 3 times more likely than college graduates to be unemployed.
- 90% of 3rd through 5th grade students tutored by City Year improved raw literacy scores (2010).
- High school dropouts are 8 times more likely to be incarcerated than high school grads.
- Corps members serve as tutors, mentors, and role models in 187 U.S. public schools this year.
- As a result of City Year’s attendance support initiatives, 55% of 6th through 9th grade students who were off track in attendance were back on track in 2010.
- 90% of 9th grade students working with corps members agreed that City Year helped them understand the class content better.
RELATED READING The dropout crisis is an issue all Americans should be concerned about. James C. Wilson wrote an article for Sign On San Diego on November 3rd about how this issue impacts everyone.
CLICK HERE TO READ: The hidden impact of high school dropouts